Welcome to The Minturn Saloon
& the (un)official end of the Minturn Mile.
146 Main Street Minturn, CO
We welcome reservations.
Under New Ownership
“Best Après-ski Bars in the World”
“10 Most Historic & Iconic Restaurants in Colorado”
“Best Bars in America”
“the Unofficial End of the Minturn Mile”
Did you know…
- The Minturn Saloon is the ONLY SOLAR POWERED RESTAURANT IN EAGLE COUNTY. Our 37-roof top solar panels supply us with about 25% of our electricity.
- WE BOTTLE OUR CRUSHED RED PEPPER & JALAPENO PEPPER JELLIES. Edible Aspen Magazine named them to their list of “Best Handcrafted Foods of Colorado”. They are available at the restaurant, at numerous stores in the area, and at many Colorado Whole Foods Markets. You can order them through the website too.
- During the summer months (June – October) MUCH OF OUR PRODUCE COMES FROM Two Roots Farm located in the Roaring Fork valley, Colorado. We source our ingredients locally when possible and prudent!
- OUR SALOON CLASSIC RIBS COME FROM THE MCDONALD FARM IN BRUSH, COLORADO. The McDonalds have been ranching & farming there for 4 generations. Guess that makes it Ol’ McDonalds Farm!
- Our TORTILLAS ARE MADE CO PROUD, by Raquelitas and Marcos in Denver & our MEXICAN CHOCOLATE CAKE & ICE CREAMS are made in Eagle County by Mountain Flour in Eagle, CO.
- Check our extensive list of Colorado beers and distilled liquors.
- We made the lists:
- DENVER POST’S LIST OF “10 most historic & iconic restaurants in Colorado.” Our building dates to 1901 and has always housed a bar/restaurant/pool hall/boxing hall/ gambling joint.
- ESQUIRE MAGAZINE’S “Best Bars in America” every year since 2007.
- MEN’S JOURNAL LIST OF “Best Après ski Bars in the World” & we are not located in a ski resort!
- 5280 MAGAZINE’S “Best Après ski bar” in the state.
Groups & Weddings
The Minturn Saloon has long been one of the most popular sites in the Vail/Beaver Creek area for rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions. Located in the old railroad and mining community of Minturn, the Minturn Saloon provides a relaxed, informal atmosphere that is a perfect compliment to the resort experience found in Vail and Beaver Creek. Give your guests a taste of history and real Colorado by booking the Minturn Saloon for one of the wedding ceremonies.
Winter capacity: 150 people
Summer capacity: 200 people
The Minturn Mile
Skiing Magazine has dubbed the Saloon “…the unofficial end of the Minturn Mile” for out of bounds Vail skiers. And because of this, on any given night in the middle of winter you might see innumerable skis and snowboards lining the outside of the Saloon. We are also proud to be named “the best après ski bar” in the state by Denver’s top magazine, “5280”. Not familiar with the Minturn Mile?…Learn more here.
The railroad and mining town of Minturn dates back to the 1880’s though this building was constructed in 1901. There was a fire in the downtown commercial section of Minturn in 1899 and this building is the result of the recovery effort. It has always housed a restaurant and bar, though it’s rumored to have provided additional uses! One retired railroader told us that as a child he served as a runner between the Saloon and homes in Minturn. The present bar room was then a private back room for gambling. Women were not as welcomed at the bar as they are now. So our friend would bring messages telling certain gamblers that their wives expected them back at home. The beautiful back bar in the dining room was built in the 1830’s in Missouri and arrived here after a stay in Leadville.